(âÁÒØÅÒÙ É ÒÅÛÅÎÉÑ)
(ðÒÉÍÅÎÅÎÉÅ × ÎÁÕËÅ, ÌÁÂÏÒÁÔÏÒÉÉ, ..)
(óÓÙÌËÉ ÎÁ ÄÒÕÇÉÅ ÓÁÊÔÙ)
2015-04-07 02:12:30 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
We are collecting links to reviews and utilities which you are using in labs.
- (year 2002, russian text)
Usage of OS/2 in sci-tech labs
- eCo Shop, there are utilities for device used to
reset supervisor password in Thinkpad laptops
(this utilities are auxiliary and are used to analyze EEPROM dumps only)
Status: closed project
- There is support for USB web-cameras,
so the engineers can use USB microscopes for different purposes.
- What special programming languages (compilers) do we have?
- What utilities did you created in the past (utilities, control applications)?
is it published?
- What public apps do you use in your testing laboratory / repair service / factory
All information will be collected and published are review or as sub-page.
[send a duplicate of your comments via support, because the site may refuse to accept the comment]
2014-11-10 03:28:50 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
It's necessary demonstrate REXX at Chaos Constructions festival in 2015.
Imagine.. hundreds of people are sitting in large hall and relaxing.
We have some minutes to demonstrate them OS/2 and REXX.
Let's collect some materials:
2014-10-09 14:01:26 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
To correct plans and goals, let's discuss how do people use OS/2 today?
||Add small feature / extend existing application
||I need new significant function
=> we need support of clouds
||we need video editor
||General OS, all purposes
||I need password verification after system boot (simple system, not full-featured)
||How to send emails by list? (what application to use)
You can post your wishes, we are going show this table to the
developers of OS and standalone developers.
2014-09-29 01:22:06 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2world.com, Martin Iturbide]
Regina REXX 3.8.2 is available for the OS/2 and eComStation platform. (2014/06/29).
"Regina is a Rexx interpreter that has been ported to most Unix platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.) and also to OS/2, eCS, DOS, Windows/2k/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, Amiga, AROS, QNX4.x, QNX6.x, BeOS, MacOS X, EPOC32, AtheOS, OpenVMS, SkyOS and OpenEdition. Rexx is a programming language that was designed to be easy to use for inexperienced programmers yet powerful enough for experienced users. It is also a language ideally suited as a macro language for other applications."
Project URL: regina-rexx.sourceforge.net
2014-09-20 17:40:38 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
Current situation on OS/2 market: there is no target,
so the developers stay in halted state.
eCo Software is interested to work on native applications which
form the base of the operating system.
We are going release the updates as part of Essentials / NeoWPS subscriptions.
eCo Software is interested work on:
Set of applications aimed to generate accounting documentation.
For small shop, for small internet shop, for individual businessmen.
Collection of useful tools.
No plans to compete with DFSee or MiniLVM.
Migration assistant. The utility scans the bootable drive and collects information
so later you can quickly fill your new OS/2 installation with apps and adjust settings.
More offerings: page for investor
2014-09-01 13:42:46 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
We have visited Chaos Constructions 2014
Chaos Constructions - demoscene compos, exhibition of computers and other devices, chiptune, DJs and other music, seminars, workshops and much more!
It's clear that OS/2 users should join this festival
and make 2 or more presentations, show vintage OS/2 computers,
infect (share knowledge) about REXX, WPS among several hundreds of computer geeks.
Conclusion: two new orders for standalone developers: Let's develop:
- interactive presentation of OS/2 (what is it, features),
to equip OS/2 computers running on conferences/festivals.
- interactive REXX tutorial with "try it now" window.
So any child / girl / person can learn basic REXX in 10 minutes.
2014-08-27 13:25:38 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
What topic is more important?
"Let's open source OS/2"
- What Solutions to develop, what are the areas of eComStation usage?
- What unique functions to implement in eCS? in user interface, in functionality?
- What libraries and development tools do we have in eCS?
- What applications to develop to attract more users and extend the market?
- How to overcome the "barriers"?
Article: OpenSource OS/2 / eComStation - fake target
2014-08-27 04:25:07 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Software is searching for investors / sponsors to implement more projects:
- Utility aimed to exchange files between different OSes
(no need to setup Samba, IBM Peers, ..)
Experience: we have created Traffic Visor, GNU internet utilities, PMDownloader, ..
- Continue the development of eSchemes (skin mechanism for OS/2).
- Update several LIP packs (Language interface pack is aimed
to switch dialogs to national languages).
Experience: We have created Russian LIP pack, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch,
so you can switch eCS 2.x to your native language.
- Extend File Open Container and add Favorites, Aliases (My Documents, My photos),
so dummy users can use eComStation for their tasks.
- Collect additional 20 functions for SysInfo library,
so the developers can use ready for use functions and don't spend
efforts to reinventing the wheel.
Contact us via web-form
2014-08-15 13:55:13 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Software goes create several components:
You can support eCo Software and invest / sponsor our efforts.
We are interested work on this projects:
- Update Power object, Show detailed information about battery.
Our experience: We have replaced old IBM Power object already.
- Update several setup utilities
- Implement modern WPS Copy / Move dialog
- Login screen (the 1-st screen after OS boot.
It is important for users + other people will determine eCS by this screen)
- Bootable USB Flash disk generator
(to legalize bootable OS/2 USB Flash disk)
- More projects: http://ecomstation.ru/commentnews.php?id=2378
2014-06-28 03:25:01 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Software is searching for investors / sponsors:
- Continue the development of our Panorama VESA driver
(flip picture to 180 degrees, update setup dialog, etc).
- Replace system MsgBox with Modern MsgBox.
Implement TouchPM mode. Our experience: eToolkit libraries
- Initiate the development of Tasklist with PNG icons
(Win7-like tasklist). Our experience: Sunny icons.
- Create pack of disk utilities
Our experience: JUne utility, etc
- Update several setup utilities, unify system system.
Contact us via web-form
2014-03-04 03:01:23 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Software gives the opportunity to standalone / new developers,
we are maintaining the queue of needed applications.
The list is very important, not all projects will be implemented,
not all will be completed. We are searching the application and driver
which will give the impulse to eComStation
(As we did with eComStation 2.0 generation,
when several drivers and applications were planned by eCo Labs
and then implemented as commercial projects)
Queue of eCo Labs tasks
The users from Europe and US can invest into the development of new native
2014-01-20 03:31:41 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
What system applications could use sqlite?
(what small system utilities need small local databases?)
"All utilities which store data then search it"
Let's migrate this applications to sqlite:
- eCo Market - hundreds of apps, many data fields about every applications.
- System log? or better store as directories and files
- System registry (os2 ini files)?
- Scheduler / Alarm clock for users
- Different audio / video catalogue utilities
Sqlite is available with every eCS 2.2, it is distributed as part of eCo Software runtime,
examles and library are included to eCo Software toolkit.
2013-11-19 00:58:05 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
Several tasks for novice developers
- Update review "Thinkpad and OS/2" - [busy]
- Update review "History of games for OS/2"
- Edit review "Memory troubles"
- Write review of modern libraries
(Zippy REXX library aimed to manage archives from REXX), etc.
- Sync with Google account - [busy]
- Create new utility which uses banners (notifications) -
List of ideas
- Translate Installation guide to russian
- Update one Doodle screensaver module
2013-10-24 01:14:19 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Software runtime is the main engine for native applications.
The development of applications goes faster if developers integrate
useful functions written and debugged by other developers to own code.
Whatsnew: Base, Win, Net runtimes updated, new libraries included.
Changes in every library:
Runtime / toolkit whatsnew
For developers: read examples and documentation in eCo Software toolkit.
eCo Software runtime homepage: ecomstation.ru/runtime
If you have useful libraries, you can share and distribute this modules
as part of eCo Software runtime / toolkit (requires additional negotiations).
<--- previous page next page --->
IBM OS/2 Warp