Translate the description to your language and send via web-form.
OpenOffice is an opensource office package (for now, you need ODIN to use it). Using the opensource pendant of StarOffice OpenOffice.org ( [url] ) is possible with ODIN ( [url] ) until the porters ( [url] ) hopefully will have ported the office suite to OS/2 one day. With the help of Virtual PC ( [url]) for OS/2 Preview (VPC) you don't need booting a Windows machine but if you have one you could do it also.
Here is the guide how to use OpenOffice.org (OOo) with ODIN under OS/2 Warp:
1. Download OpenOffice.org ( [url] )
2. Get msvcp60.dll ( search for this file at lycos.com ) and copy it into the system32-directory of ODIN
3. Install the package under Windows 9x in VPC or a 'real' Windows 9x machine
4. May be you should use the same directory structure you will use after installation in the OS/2 environment and also I had used a short name.
5. I haven't installed the 'Quickstarter' of OOo
6. After the Installation copy the directory into OS/2 environment.
7. Also copy the files sversion.ini and user60.rdb which you find in a subdirectory of the Windows-directory to the OS/2 environment into the ..\ODIN\Application Data-directory.
8. Start OpenOffice.org in the ..\program-directory of OpenOffice.org with pe soffice.exe
9. Attention: Under Tools / Options / General you should check the option to use the internal OpenOffice.org dialogs otherwise you won't have a possibility to load files.