(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
2020-01-22 02:22:10 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
eCo Software is interested research User Interface development for OS/2.
1) We have offered TouchPM concept several years ago with the goal
to update PM controls for compatibility with touch screens.
2) there were plans to change view of eCenter panel.
we are collecting ideas how to redesign it.
3) the main door to PM upgrade is eSchemes program.
we should select what tasks are the most important and real.
4) WPS Copy/Move dialog should be implemented.
this is must have function for new users.
So, to achieve some results in the next 5 monthes, we need some sponsor help.
NeoWPS subscription => Sponsor units
2020-01-09 03:12:08 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
If your program was working in OS/2 Warp or eComStation,
test that it is compatible with ArcaOS:
- X-1: directory structure was changed.
example: system files are located in \sys now
some aux utilities are absent or are located in other place.
- X-3: USBCALLS: should work as early
(new apps compiled with ArcaOS,
may fail in old eComStation. let's test)
- X-4: if compiling XWP widget, then check X-1, X-2.
- X-5: ACPI dll, (help us with tests)
- X-7: the behavior of main drivers was changed 1) video: Panorama,
2) ACPI - test compatibility of your program with this drivers
- test the installer of your program
that it works without mistakes: X-1, X-2
2019-12-24 23:53:45 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
2019-12-21 03:44:58 -- Igor Sapegin [os2.guru]
Igor Sapegin reported:
if USB controller is attached via PCIe then OS/2 doesn't detect USB.
If USB controller is attached via PCI - OS/2 can access it.
So, seems that it's necessary implement support of PCIe bus.
Seems that motherboards with USB 3.1 or Type 6 have USB attached via
PCIe and OS/2 doesn't detect USB.
2019-12-21 03:18:18 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
2019-01-03 20:54:42 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
Warpstock Europe 2019 will occur in May 2019.
You have time to write usefull utility / application for this event.
We will distribute information about your program at this event.
2017-01-09 06:10:25 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
New started and it's a good moment to value the demand,
What OS/2 application could you buy? 15$? 35$? 50$?
- maybe you need special photo editor
- or utility aimed to sync data with smartphone
- or database for ..
- or application which is streaming data from internet ..
- your request?
2017-01-03 16:32:37 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
Do you know C++ ? Do you want develop applications for OS/2 faster?
Glass PM C++ library was updated in the end of 2016.
Compatibility: IBM OS/2 Warp 4, eComStation, ArcaOS
- It's easy to start new project (no need to take old programs as base for new)
- You can mix this library with OS/2 API, window handles are not incapsulated to classes.
How to upgrade?
- (The library is completed already, interfaces are defined)
- Include current version of the library to your project
- Develop your application, extend the functionality.
- 6 monthes pass..
- If you want upgrade to new version of the library, include new version try recompile with new version, upgrade your code if needed.
What applications are using the library?
- Device Manager / PCI Dock
P.S. You can create test applications (samples) based on this library
and share with other developers.
2017-01-02 01:02:10 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
Since the end of 2014 till 2016 the exchange rate of USD was very high
(relating to rouble, graphics)
It was a good chance to move the development of OS/2 to Russia/Ukraine
because many developers could agree to work for salaries in "OS/2 dollars"
(many people could agree to work for $300 or $500, per month)
But the chance was not used. There were technical tasls, but no investments.
2017-01-01 05:34:17 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
2016-11-19 21:08:25 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
OS2.GURU (eComStation.RU) is a largest storage of reviews
related to OS/2 / eComStation.
We are interested collect and publish more reviews and articles about
What topic to discuss?
- guide for developer
- research of a system module
- suggestion what module to integrate to the system
Send draft texts / offers
2016-09-02 23:47:04 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
eCo Software is interested investigate such topics during autumn / winter:
(we can collaborate if you have the same interest)
- Any topics related to userinterface
- 2016/autumn/winter: the development of Device Manager continues.
You can join the project and create plugins for devices which
you are need for your tasks
- 2016/autumn/winter: eCoSoft is interested to get support for USB microscope for OS/2.
let's digg the topic if you have the same goals.
- Update / create widgets for eCenter (sensors)
- SysInfo, functions to query system info
- Control of simple cheap 3d printers.
We have STLView to check the objects before printing,
Somebody should find how to control the printer.
- Utilities for engineer laboratory, for service man.
Calculators, aux utilities
- Point of sale based on OS/2
- Generator of accounting documents based on OS/2,
2016-06-12 01:50:57 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
eCo Software toolkit and libraries are updated several times per year.
Pay attention to new feature in XIO library: support of files larger that 2 Gb.
XIO - it's a library aimed to download files from Internet,
to process files stored at http, ftp servers and
and it has interface similar to STDIO: xio_fopen, xio_fread, xio_fclose, etc.
Homepage of Neo OS/2 toolkit and runtime
2016-06-04 21:35:47 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
It's necessary make something important for OS/2
- Share source code for new Device Manager,
how to detect device X, Serial ports, etc.
(let's discuss what do you offer before sending)
- Write short review how to use OS/2 for usage of 1 task,
- Extra utilities for PCM address book
(for example, you downloaded address book from smartphone to .vcf file /
let's create utility to browse the contacts page by page, etc.)
Send all suggestions to eCo Software
2016-04-20 13:13:47 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [os2.guru]
How to become active user? Share knowledge with other people:
- Address book WPS application.. how to use it for real tasks?
- Write video how to backup 1 Tb of data using
PM Backup Suite. (it's necessary check in advance what quality of video
can you generate)
- Write detailed review how to run OS/2 on modern model of Thinkpad laptop.
- Write short text for new users how to perform 1 task using OS/2 computer
(burn DVD disk or Download photos from digital camera). it's necessary verify
what topic is free.
There are more ideas for active users.
2016-01-07 20:35:06 -- Eugene Gorbunoff [ecomstation.ru]
eCo Labs offers develop some small applications:
- 1) BANNERS: We offer create support of notifications for
PM123 audio player. The code will be integrated to PM123.
The player starts new track and the banner should popup
with the name of artist and track title.
(the mechanism of notifications is implemented, it's necessary create the
template, select behavior and external view)
- 2) DISKUTIL: SMART GUI.
There is VIO utility aimed to collecy info about hard drive.
GUI utility should capture the output, draw the table
- 3) CODEC: Recompile IO Procs, (JPG, PNG, ..)
(the codecs exist already. it's necessary recompile, remove MsgBox with errors)
- 4) BANNERS: GUI for alarm clock.
(window aimed to set date and time)
the mechanism of alarm clock is implemented already
- 5) SETUP: GUI to control RAMDISK.
Simple operations to create/delete virtual disk
eCo Labs is a company of eCo Software. eCo Labs have collected
several hundreds of tasks (customer requirements).
<--- previous page
IBM OS/2 Warp